Friday, September 4, 2015

I'm in Control

Now, I don't want anyone to think that weight loss is easy or that it will be the same for every person because it is not and will not be that way.  What has made this method of weight loss effective for me is the fact that I  am in control.  I do not have anyone planning out my meals or telling me what I can and cannot eat, but me; this one important fact makes this even more effective for me.

Before, when I tried dieting, I was told by someone else what I could and could not eat. I was told what I would have to give up.  I was expected, then, to not only give up things I liked and eat things I did not like, but I was also expected to never again eat the things I was supposed to give up.  What kind of real like expectation is that?  Well, it was one that I could never live with.

So, as I said, what makes this program, system, method, or vehicle of weight loss effective for me is that I - me, myself, and I - am in complete control of what I eat.  The program does not make the calls as to what I can eat nor does anyone else.  This is the one major point to remember if you should ever want to try this method - only you are in control, and you do not have to give up any of the foods you like.  What you do have to give up are the calories.

A good example of this occurred in the middle of June.  My cat, who was very special to me, and the only pet I had ever owned, became extremely sick with a major infection. Now the infection cleared up, but my cat did not recover.  He gave up eating and drank very little, and hardly slept, and not sleeping for him was extremely unusual because he slept more than he was awake during the day.  He became very weak, lost weight, and could only walk a short distance before he had to plop down and the floor and rest, and then it was hard for him to get up.  I finally had to make the call to have him put to sleep.  I was completely devastated, and afterwards, I needed something comforting, so my daughter and sister took me to Sonic where they purchased me a Triple Chocolate Master Blast; now it was only a small but it still had a total of 900 calories.  I enjoyed every delicious bite, but as an exchange for indulging, I ate less for supper and made sure I did not go over my daily allotted calories.  So, you see, you can eat what you want, you just have to make some changes to fit what you want into your calorie count.

Okay, so you are in control, but you do need something else.  You need to be committed to seeing this through.  On my last blog I said you need determination, which you do, but once your are determined, you then need to be committed.  Remember, this is your life we are talking about and only you can make changes that matter in your life.  If you are not really willing to make a change, if you cannot be committed to the change, then this nor nothing else will work for you.  I wanted this, and I was determined to try to make this work.  I am now committed to this, and I have not been discouraged in such as way as to give up, and I have not failed.

When I started this, I did determine one other thing.  I was going to do this for me, and I was going to at least try to see if they platform could work for me.  I was very pleasantly surprised at how success it had been; how successful I have been to stay the course; how proud I am of myself that I have finally found something that I could make work.  I am completely in control of what I eat, and it has made some major changes in my life.

Those changes are what I will discuss in my next blog, but just to keep anyone who reads this update as to my progress, I will add that from April to June I lost another 18.4 pounds.  With the 51.8 from the previous months, it means I lost a total of 70.2 pounds since I began in November.

Is this platform working for me?  Heck yeah!  Can it work for you? Only if you want it to because that is the only way any weight loss can work.  You have to want it to work, but it really helps when you, and no one else is in complete control of what you are doing. Hey, it's your life, so who else better to be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment